Andrew Davies is Global Head of Regulatory Affairs at ComplyAdvantage.
We talked about:
- how data and technology can be leveraged to manage financial crime risk;
- how illicit funds from drug trafficking flow into the financial system;
- why fentanyl has brought this into focus and the prominent role of China in the trade;
- why reputational risk is important;
- whether regulators are doing enough to adapt;
- the need for institutions to collaborate effectively;
- the role of crypto in illicit finance;
- the three pillars of financial crime risk management: compliance obligations, moral imperative, and reputational risk; and
- how AI will help to uncover unknowns.